We’ve made a guide on the top 20 revealing questions you should ask during the next time you are interviewing a potential property manager.
Whether it is moving to a new city or just want a peace of mind with your properties, you’ve decided that it is the best option for your time and energy to choose a property manager to take care of your property. Plus, you as a savvy real estate investors knows you can write off a lot of fees related to the property including property management fee to reduce your final tax bill. Despite these obvious benefits, it is critical that you not rush into signing with the first property management company you speak with. Instead do your homework, because it is always best to make the right decision the first time.
1. If we were to be successful at managing this property long term what would that look like?
2. What will you do if we don’t find a tenant?
3. A few months into your service, if I am not happy with your service what is your termination and refund policy?
4. How will you manage the balance of finding a tenant quickly vs pricing of the property?
6. What if a tenant calls at 3AM about an emergency?
7. What technology do you use for managing the properties?
8. How will you keep me updated on reporting, rent payments, maintenance and repair progress, and my requests?
9. What is your average DOM (Days On Market) for property similar to mind?
10. Have you had to evicted tenants before and how did that go?
11. Do you have guarantees?
12. Can you disclose all your fees including any lease renewal fee, administration fee, advertisement fees, or upfront/listing fees?
13. How long have you been in business?
14. How many properties have you managed?
15. Do you work with relocation companies to place executives?
16. How much do you know about taxes?
17. How do you screen tenants?
18. How often do you visit the property and what does the inspection report look like?
19. Are you a landlord yourself, if so how many properties do you manage that are your own?
20. Why should we choose you vs other companies?
If you are looking for a property manager for your home. Please give these questions a try, they will help you find clarity and reveal crucial information that will help you decide on selecting the right property manager for you. In Case you are short on time we’ve shortlisted the top 7 questions you must ask any property management company:
1. Do you have a property management license, if so what’s the number?
2. How many properties have you managed and are you a landlord yourself?
3. Do you have guarantees?
4. Can you disclose all your fees including any lease renewal fee, administration fee, advertisement fees, or upfront/listing fees?
5. A few months into your service, if I am not happy with your service what is your termination and refund policy?
6. What technology do you use for managing the properties?
7. Have you had to evicted tenants before and how did that go?
Are you facing a difficult tenant or became an accidentally landlord looking for a professional company to help you find a amazing tenant that will treat your home just like their own? Do you want transparent and swift communication and professional service? We can help!
Reach out to us at 604-227-2077 or email@example.com